This week has left me feeling horrified, deeply worried and ashamed of being British. To show why, let’s have a quick round up of Britain’s activities this week.
- The government increased our nuclear arsenal.
- The government spent 2.6 million of taxpayers’ money on a shiny new briefing room for the Prime Minister, having last week claimed there was no money left for NHS nurses.
- Women protesting against violence were violently assaulted and silenced by the State.
- The government made it illegal to protest against anything, ever. (Up to 10 years in prison for shouting outside parliament).
- The Foreign Secretary said it’s OK to trade with countries who violate human rights.
- Prime Minister lied to parliament (again), broke ministerial code (again), and kept his job (again).
And we are all asleep.